Another history snapshot from Bill Hartsock:
The picture was taken around 1927 of the residents of the house at 2700 East Broad Street. It was a boarding house, owned by the Methodist Church, known as the Wilson Inn and housed single women that had moved to Richmond for work. The woman on the left was the matron (a dower old soul if ever there was one!). She ran the place and supervised the women. The Wilson Inn moved to Monument Avenue in the early 1930’s because they ran out of space at 2700.
— ∮∮∮ —