grants, tax credits, tax abatement, etc et al

05/19/2008 5:39 PM by

A reader writes in looking for pointers on what kind of financing and financial help might be available for renovating houses in the area:

What is the best way to get an historical grant for a recently purchased property in Church Hill? It is a 110-year-old house that has been recently purchased for rebuilding, and saved from demolition. A grant/fund would help me to keep the original design rather than going for some cheaper remedies to code violations (for the roof, exterior design, and the foundation, and remodeling a section rather than just losing a room of the house. Has anyone done this, or is this a legend?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By commenting you are agreeing to this site's PRIVACY / USE / COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER