This seems like an interesting time to revisit the Virginia Public Access Project, a non-profit group that makes it easy to access the public records of who has donated how much to a candidate for office.
For our local elections, VPAP has listings for mayoral and city council candidates but not for school board candidates. 7th District Council Representative Cynthia Newbille has a page ($3,750 on hand), as does her challenger Joseph Rogers ($3,035). 6th District City Council Representative Ellen Robertson has $15,250, while her challenger Allan-Charles Chipman has $2,313.
The mayoral candidates in descending amounts of moolah on hand and their largest donor in the most recent reporting period:
– Levar Stoney ($296,689)[3 tied – Ronald Abramson, Ivan Jecklin, Premium Distributors of Va LLC]
– Alexsis Rodgers ($100,794)[Sonjia Smith]
– Kim Gray ($93,111)[3 tied – William O’Connor, Robert Walker & Ass., H Louis Salomonsky]
– Justin Griffin ($18,997)[self]
– Tracey McLean ($382)[Marquise Trent]
– Pauron Wheeler ($322)[self]
– Michael Gilbert ($0)