Won’t lie to you, it was a challenging year. What started as a promising start to the blog operations quickly turned into a reality check for a lot of us. Suddenly all of the energy we had for the site turned into the responsibilities of working several full time jobs. Some members have also been dealing with challenges in their personal lives, however, we’re all pulling through.
But now it’s a New Year. Won’t promise that it’s going to be seamless, but we do have a new asset this year in the form of our friend, Kiet Vo. Kiet is a young writer with a lot of energy and you’re going to see his name often as he updates the site with news mostly within Shockoe Bottom (and sometimes other areas).
2020 will bring three goals for the blog:
- Be more consistent with how many updates on the community we’re pushing out (expect much more content from us!)
- Rolling out our community events calendar, so we can better alert our readers to events near them
- Catalog all stories so that our search engine captures the history of the neighborhood.
Personally, here’s what I’d like to focus on:
- Faster updates
- Get a dedicated writer for crime (if you’re interested, please email me!)
- Attend at least 80% of the city’s district meetings.
What are some other changes you’d like to see for CHPN? We’ve heard more polls, less politics (which is going to be a challenge on a presidential election year!), and more engagement from both the community and our writers. We’ll do our best!
Here’s what we want from you, our readers! Engagement! If you have an opinion, comment, or a personal experience you want to share about an article you’ve read on CHPN, be sure to comment on that article! The community blog thrives when its readers create discussion, give opinions, and share their experiences in the comments section! We want to know what our readers are thinking, so the CHPN team can better report on the happenings and updates in Churchill you come for!
Lets have great 2020!