Crime

Car Jacking 33rd & Clay St – What Would You Do?

I saw this story from a couple of days ago on WTVR https://wtvr.com/2019/12/17/gunman-carjacks-richmond-driver-at-stop-sign/

A couple was held up when they stopped at a stop sign. Two men walked in front of the car, told them to unlock the doors, and the assailants got into the backseat. They proceeded to take some items and from the couple and stole their car.

My question when I saw this is what would I do? I think my inclination would have been to run. Duck down and either run them over in the car or throw it in reverse and get out of there. Maybe a dumb idea. The owners did survive and I guess resisting could result in an alternate ending. They say if you’re mugged to not resist.

What does the neighborhood think?

Arrest made in Blakey Street killing

ABC store on Venable St broken into

Redd Street Homicide – Arrest Made

Bri An
Bri An
6 months ago

skrt skrt ?

Vicki Mallonee
Vicki Mallonee
6 months ago

Run those assholes over.

Kathi Sanders
Kathi Sanders
6 months ago

It’s great to sit here in our warm , safe living rooms and hypothesize on how brave and badass we’d all be, if this happened to us. Believe me, in the cold dark with an unexpected gun or 2 pointed at you, all your braveness and badassedness is nowhere to be found. No one makes good decisions in a panic, and that’s how people get themselves killed. The couple this particular situation happened to are alive and well. Cars and cellphones and money can be replaced; lives cannot. Yes, it sucks and it totally pisses me off that it happened,… Read more »

Kay
Kay
6 months ago

I wouldn’t hesitate to floor the gas pedal and run them over! A vehicle could be a powerful weapon- Because these idiots get away with perpetuating crime in the neighborhood, it just emboldens them and others to victimize innocent citizens. If you don’t have a concealed carry- get one. A few bullets in the ass will make these thugs think twice before pulling their bullshit.

Emily Legaspi Lucier
Emily Legaspi Lucier
6 months ago

Double digit years ago, this happened to me and my husband. We were leaving Hill Cafe late on a weekend night and were parked right next to it – just up past the front door. As soon as we got in the car, we were immediately approached by a group of young men, one with a sawed off gun. The one with the gun put his hand on the top of the car and the driver’s side door trying to open it, and without a thought – my husband drove away. I have no idea if he hit any of… Read more »

A bit angry
A bit angry
6 months ago

If I were in the victim’s place, I would have first attempted to flee and or run them over. Should that not have worked and the assailants been armed or left “us” in fear of bodily harm or death, I would have likely shot the muggers in self-defense. Letting somebody into my car where I and my wife/gf/loved one is? No way. People have complied with muggers or home invaders and such in the past and then found themselves seriously harmed, raped, shot, executed, etc. This has happened in Church Hill and elsewhere in RVA over the years. I made… Read more »

Michael Nesossis
Michael Nesossis
6 months ago
Reply to  Vicki Mallonee

Vicki Mallonee same here.

Debra
Debra
6 months ago

I would put my foot on the gas and run over anyone that was pointing a gun at me! Without question.

Heather
Heather
6 months ago

I know the people this happened to. The news story didn’t quite get the details right. The passenger side door was unlocked. One of the gunmen was in the backseat before they knew it and holding a gun to the passenger’s head. Speeding off wasn’t an option. Also, the car was found abandoned later that night in Henrico county – so it wasn’t the car that the thieves were after.

Michael
Michael
6 months ago

I would have to say drive baby, drive.