Community

Hate and Intolerance Bring the Neighborhood together

In what was a quick show of solidarity through the Church Hill Neighborhood Facebook group, neighbors banded together to quickly communicate and come up with a plan of action to clean the Nazi SS symbol. This was first found by Arielle G. on her morning run and then pictures were uploaded not hours later by Michael B.

Please see the photos below:

First they came for the Communists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Communist
Then they came for the Socialists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Socialist
Then they came for the trade unionists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a trade unionist
Then they came for the Jews
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Jew
Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me

First They Came by Pastor Martin Niemoller

Thank you to all of you who acted quickly in the face of intolerance. It matters.

New bike/walking trail in Chimborazo Park

New Mega-Park Plans for the East End!

Kiet Vo

Paul Allen
Paul Allen

Bet it’s a fake.

Tom Harrahy
Tom Harrahy
1 year ago

Am I missing something? I don’t see a swastika in these photos.

Kate Barnes
Kate Barnes
1 year ago

Ironically I was blocked from that group bc I called the people in it out for racist behavior. ? People surprise you every day.

Reply to  Tom Harrahy
Tom Harrahy
Tom Harrahy
Reply to  Tom Harrahy

Church Hill People’s News I’m aware of the SS symbol. That is not a swastika. Just be accurate.

Reply to  Tom Harrahy

Tom thanks for the correction!

Vic Rejuney
Vic Rejuney
Reply to  Paul Allen

Ask a doctor if literally dying is right for you.

Paul Allen
Paul Allen
Reply to  Paul Allen

Vic Rejuney you’re a real simpleton. Why not be a real man and wait for the facts to come out before making judgment? I can only only assume you’re the perp given your adamant stance on its validity. That or you’re just extremely naive. How many times have we heard about this #fakenews before we then found out it was a total hoax? My bet is: it was “Simple Vic,” with the spray paint, in Chimborazo.

Paul Allen
Paul Allen
Reply to  Paul Allen

Vic Rejuney such a buffoon…

Pete Cartwright
Pete Cartwright
Reply to  Paul Allen

what facts would be coming out here?

Sabrina Sunshine
Sabrina Sunshine
1 year ago

Glad I clicked on the link because I saw S.S. VA and thought “hey, it’s me!” as my initials are S.S. and I do rep VA ??????

(That being said I don’t condone defacing anyone’s property. Just to make that clear.)

Michael Nesossis
Michael Nesossis
Reply to  Tom Harrahy

The SS was in another photo that Michael Brown took time today to start cleaning.

Jesse Booth
Jesse Booth
1 year ago

I deal with gang issues as part of my employment. Hate to break it to yall but that’s not neo-nazi symbology folks.. that’s almost surely your local Surenos13 gang from Southside. The xiii and use of the x in 80X=804 are your indicators in addition to the comparable type of art flourishing along the Jeff Davis to Hull street corridor.

Charlie Barnes
Charlie Barnes
1 year ago

Guys, clean it and move on quietly.
By making such a big deal about it, you are giving the mom’s basement dwelling toad what he wants: notoriety.

This isn’t a white supremacist group, it is a sad outcast boy or two.

Katherine Jester
Katherine Jester
Reply to  Jesse Booth

Jesse I might stop short of calling this “Art” but thanks for bringing this down to the ground. A previous poster sought swastikas and anti semitic language to justify a racism claim and I agree- I doubt these morons ever heard of Judaism let alone Hitler and would piss themselves if they saw a skinhead. Still, many thanks to everyone who got out there and scrubbed.

Felix D Nite
Felix D Nite
1 year ago

Ah Richmond… Racist as ever.

Jesse Booth
Jesse Booth
Reply to  Tom Harrahy

Church Hill People’s News no, your whole premise is incorrect. That’s obvious Hispanic gang graffiti, it just sort of looks like a German army unit symbol from the 40s that no modern neo nazi would use without the more obvious swastika present. People see what they want to see.