Community

Street Cleaning Underway

Folks,

The streets are currently being cleaned by the City of Richmond and there’s been reports that cars are being towed left and right. The residential street sweeping was supposed to start on 7/29 but it’s happening as we type this post.

Here is the street map for Church Hill: http://www.richmondgov.com/PublicWorks/documents/mapRoute2.pdf

If you have been towed, contact:

Siebert’s Towing
   642 W. Southside Plaza
   Richmond, VA 23224
   Phone: (804)233-5757
   Web: www.seibertcos.com

From a personal experience, I was so upset last year when my car got towed that I forgot my wallet when I got to Siebert’s. Be sure to bring your driver’s license with you!

Parking/Towing for Disabled Vehicles

Effective immediately DPW Street Cleaning and Vacuum Leaf Program services do not accept requests to not tow disabled cars.

If your vehicle is disabled and parked on the street, you need to contact the Richmond Police Department at(804)646-1343. Please keep in mind disabled vehicles should not be parked on City of Richmond streets during street cleaning or vacuum leaf collection. Once signage is posted, all vehicles, even those that are disabled, must be moved before street cleaning so as to not receive a parking ticket and towing fees.

Signage

The Richmond Police Department issues parking violations and tows cars. DPW Street Cleaning posts the no parking signs at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled service. The Police will not tow if the signs are not in compliance. The Department of Public Works Street Cleaning Division cannot authorize parking ticket refunds or towing fee refunds.

Meet & Greet! Bike shop open for business!

Kiet Vo

Black History Month: Black in Wax at Chimborazo Elementary (TODAY!)

Emily Klinedinst
Emily Klinedinst
1 year ago

Oh yeah they were towing about 4 AM the other day in Peter Paul. There had been signs up for days, though.

Nathan Madison
Nathan Madison
1 year ago

Yeah, I saw them further down Broad, heading west, near the former Capt. Buzzys, yesterday. They already did the area around Chimborazo a few weeks back, so I’d guess they start there and head west, which I’d imagine means they’d be done before, or right about, the original, projected start date.

Andrew Cheatham
Andrew Cheatham
1 year ago

I find it strange the city has money to do the sweeping, but they’re sweeping streets covered on potholes. Couldn’t we take those hours and funds and actually re-pave a few streets?!

Chris Dosier
Chris Dosier
1 year ago

They came through Union Hill this week. You couldn’t actually tell the streets were ‘cleaned’ after. There wais still a bunch of junk lodged against the curbs on my block. Neighbor told me they were flying through. I am guessing this was just to get tow money.

Tim Pickney
Tim Pickney
1 year ago

It seems only the towing companies are benefiting from the street cleanings.

Meghanne Ogburn
Meghanne Ogburn
1 year ago

48 hours is zero amount of time for notification. Had to break into a neighbors house who we knew were on vacation to move their car for them earlier this week bc they were visiting family in Arizona and left before signs were posted. Should be at least a weeks notice.

Nicholas V. Roberts
Nicholas V. Roberts
1 year ago

That sucks! before I had off street parking this was a huge part of my anxiety about going anywhere for more than a couple days I wouldn’t go anywhere.

Nicholas V. Roberts
Nicholas V. Roberts
1 year ago

What are they cleaning in the middle of summer? Haven’t all the deluges cleaned the street?

Zach Morrison
Zach Morrison
1 year ago

Far from the first time I’ve seen the city pull this nonsense…

Alea Jayne Bushardt
Alea Jayne Bushardt
Reply to  Chris Dosier

Saw these signs literally twice in one month on my street like they didn’t even clean the first time

Chris Dosier
Chris Dosier
Reply to  Chris Dosier

Alea Jayne Bushardt yeah they did the same thing on my street last summer I think. Posted signs, didn’t come through at all, took the signs down, then posted them again a month later. They actually cleaned the streets the 2nd time though.

Chris Dosier
Chris Dosier
1 year ago

Ehh, I still have a few blighted houses near me and the curbs have weeds grow which traps alot of trash that people throw on sidewalks unfortunately. Plastic bottles, napkins, plastic bags, etc. This traps alot of junk. I won’t complain about them wanting to come through, but wish they would actually clean the street if they are saying they are going to. Usually in the Fall they don’t come through until really late when all the leaves have already clogged the drains.

Nicholas V. Roberts
Nicholas V. Roberts
1 year ago

thats a good point. I’m in a bubble. My neighbors and I clean up the the crap around the one abandoned house in the area and everybody keeps their curbs clean the best they can.

Telly Keys
Telly Keys
1 year ago

Shavon Cherry…not just you.

Elise Elder
Elise Elder
1 year ago

The city swept my street awhile back. They crashed into all of the trees leaving huge branches hanging in the street. Thankfully another neighbor is part of some tree committee so he cut down the branches. The city hasn’t bothered to pick up the branches. Recommendations?

Dana Bagby
Dana Bagby
1 year ago

Maybe egregiousness is becoming the name of the game with the city. I mean, seriously.

Liv Glavé
Liv Glavé
1 year ago

So glad to be leaving! This city is ridiculous. It’s embarrassing.

Chris Harnish
Chris Harnish
Reply to  Tim Pickney

As towing companies often do!

Theresa Halpin
Theresa Halpin
1 year ago

My sister, visiting from NJ, had her car towed on Wednesday. No signs showing the day before or day of the cleaning. Saw them pulling two cars at a time at the tow lot at a super high speed for a parking lot. That cannot be good for the cars.

Andrew George
Andrew George
1 year ago

This is a scam. Seiberts and the City MUST have an arrangement. I have never heard a positive thing about Seiberts.

Meghanne Ogburn
Meghanne Ogburn
Reply to  Andrew George

Andrew George they clearly have some sort of arrangement as they are the only tow company listed in the city website should you need to retrieve your vehicle

Tess Dixon
Tess Dixon
Reply to  Elise Elder

Ugh. They’re like bulls in a china shop. I do have a recommendation though: go to https://www.rva311.com/rvaone/requests/allservices and request that they come pick up the branches. I did this when a tree in our tree well dropped a huge branch, and they came and got it within about a week.

Joseph Fox
Joseph Fox
10 months ago

What day/(days) do they do this? My car was towed when they’re weren’t any signs giving me a heads up. Very upsetting having to deal with this…ESPECIALLY Sieberts towing. Very rude and non-informative.