Community

NAACP Holding Housing Symposium

You might have read earlier this week our story about some reprehensible and racist language a local landlord was using with a tenant.

The NAACP is also going to be holding a housing symposium in the area. They want to hear from tenants about situations like this one. If you have a story to tell or just want to hear what’s to be said come and participate.

Hillians Art League Exhibits Paintings at Richmond Public Library East End for artoberVA

Untold RVA Hosting GABRIEL WEEK Escape Room Today at Richmond Public Library – Main Branch

Megan Rickman-Blackwood

This Story Speaks for Itself – Landlord Alert

Jacob C.

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

No bigger race hustlers than the NAACP.

SA Chaplin
SA Chaplin
1 year ago

“Naturally, and thankfully, the NAACP got involved and is pursuing the issue further.”

I realize CHPN is a bit of a home-grown news outlet. But I notice lately that opinions are being inserted into the reporting. Not good.

Leslie Moore
Leslie Moore
1 year ago

I am glad the NAACP is holding a meeting on this, and I wish I could attend. Tenants’ complaints should be responded to with courtesy, and there is never an excuse for the use of racial slurs. At this point in my life I am not a renter, but I am greatly saddened by this incident and others like it. Thank you CHPN for reporting this.

Randall Eggink
Randall Eggink
1 year ago

What a joke. Where was the NAACP when Virginia’s Democratic executive “leadership” embarrassed itself with skeletons from the blackface closet a couple of months ago? Oh wait, they can’t stand on principle when the racist offenders are the same politicians who pander to their We’re All Victims agenda. No, lets mobilize Al and Jesse and their busloads of freedom fighters and descend on Richmond to lynch some white landlord based on allegations of his black tenants. That’ll make the world a better place. Maybe Tawana Brawley and Jussie Smollett will appear as guest agitators.

Jason S
Jason S
1 year ago

SA Chaplin, For someone who spends a whole lot of time filling the comment sections of CHPN with your opinion, it’s comical to hear you complain about the slightest use of subjective language in the reporting. Even funnier that your complaint is in the context of this story, given your consistent and tiresome defense of the lost cause narrative. The words “Naturally, and thankfully” being used in this post are appropriate. If you believe otherwise, state your case. Why would it not be a natural course of events for the NAACP to pursue this issue? Why would the people of… Read more »

Jason S
Jason S
1 year ago

Chris,
If you’re capable of coherently defining what a “race hustler” is, I’m confident that I can list some more prominent, longer-standing organizations than the NAACP.

Your beef being with an organization taking on this issue tells more about you than them, you goober.

SA Chaplin
SA Chaplin
1 year ago

@Jason – Thank you for your comment. I would invite CHPN to respond to my observation that the comment to which I objected was editorial in nature. I do agree with you, however, that racist landlords (or restaurant owners, or haberdashers, etc.) are a bad thing. But that is not the point. Journalists are supposed to report facts without editorializing. (Journalism 101, if you will.) “Welcoming” the NAACP was editorializing. CHPN should simply have said that the NAACP is looking into the matter. Now, as to the “Lost Cause,” I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you any… Read more »

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

Jason,

Here ya go:
NAACP, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson. Those that promote and encourage racism for political and financial gain. Not rocket science.

Mark H
Mark H
1 year ago

Chris, they are racial healers. They like to keep pulling the band-aide off the wound.