Community

Postal Town Hall this Saturday

Congressman Donald McEachin writes:

My constituents in the 4th Congressional District deserve the best quality service from the programs their tax dollars support. If you have experienced issues with your mail delivery or any other USPS issues, I invite you to my Postal Town Hall to voice your concerns on Saturday, January 12, 2019 from 10:30 am to 11:30 am at the Robinson Theater in Church Hill (2903 Q Street, Richmond). I want to learn about your concerns so that our local, state, and federal partners are better informed about what is happening and I can determine the next steps to take. You do not need a ticket to attend, but you can RSVP using this link here: http://bit.ly/McEachinPostalTownHall

If you remember, Congressman McEachin recently wrote about the Postal issues that many neighbors are experiencing. Get your voice heard and go to the Robinson Theater this Saturday morning.

Side Note: Then go to Front Porch Cafe and get some delicious local coffee (and check out how well the grocery store is doing!)

Registration now open for Fall Classes at Robinson Theater Community Arts Center

McEachin Votes to Pass Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act

Kiet Vo

Charlie Barnes
Charlie Barnes
1 year ago

part of the issue is that there is a different mail carrier every day

Samantha Duckett
Samantha Duckett
1 year ago

Is there another way for those unavailable during this hour to voice concerns? My block didn’t receive mail for over a week in late December, and we would like to learn how to get these mail pieces. Some were holiday cards from family.

Eric S. Huffstutler
Eric S. Huffstutler
1 year ago

I don’t see it as much but do notice a lot of different carriers for our street. Before Montrose took over being our sorting office, we were on what was considered the “training route” but you would see the regular carrier with the trainee. Not a big deal unless it is a time-sensitive issue but we have a 1/2 address attached to this house and mail gets delivered to the wrong slot all of the time because they do not “read” the address. If that person happens to be away for days on vacation or for work, it can be… Read more »

Emily Klinedinst
Emily Klinedinst
1 year ago

I have never received mail all 6 days in a week.
No service for 6 days in a row after it snowed. Walk was clear Tuesday.
They have lost about half a dozen of my packages, and delivered others late, claiming my address is ‘undeliverable’. (Peter Paul)

Emily Klinedinst
Emily Klinedinst
1 year ago

I probably will not be able to attend, but isn’t crazy we have to have a town hall to say “just deliver our mail, damn it”?
I assume no one from USPS will be there.

Melinda Skinner
Melinda Skinner
1 year ago

I agree heartily with Emily K. McEachin has heard from many of us and knows there is a big problem. No mail, damaged mail, delayed mail, mail to the wrong address—are all obvious problems that just need to be fixed and don’t need an event (that some of are unable to attend).

Eric S. Huffstutler
Eric S. Huffstutler
1 year ago

The Postal System is a different animal from when I grew up. You had one carrier who got to know the people on their route and you knew them. I believe that at that time, the PO only hired Military Veterans but obviously no longer do. Who they do hire don’t take pride in their job. And whatever happened to the PO Creed etched on their buildings that say:

“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds”

crd
crd
1 year ago

The Times Dispatch carried this story within hours of it happening. What is going on with CHPN these days?