Just a reminder about Marshall St.

It is open again! Tess D. reminds us:

Yesterday I noticed that Marshall St. west of 20th St. is now open again, after being closed due to building construction for….seemingly forever? Getting on and off the highway will now be much easier again.

This is the area in question. The barricades also seem to have come down.

[sep]

Before development

[sep]

Shockoe Bottom is still going through a fair amount of construction (welcome to city living, right?) and the project on Main St between 25th and 26th street is yet another apartment building with construction in the area rumored to be there for at least 18 months.  There currently is no crosswalk or traffic light so be careful.

Dude, where’s my car? Multiple vehicles towed on Marshall St.

Can you identify these houses?

John M

Blue Wheeler will be Lee Gregory’s Alewife

John M

Chloe Rote
Chloe Rote
1 year ago

Have the temporary one way street signs also been removed?

Grace
Grace
1 year ago

I seriously want to know where they are expecting people to park. It’s already a shitshow. Put in a parking deck before you put in another apartment building.

Ron Burke
Ron Burke
1 year ago

That “Cross Here” sign at the closed sidewalk at 26th and Main is an invitation to suicide. Many times of the day there are very few gaps between cars, especially with Dock Street closed. Maybe Usain Bolt could get across safely, but I can’t. Who can we contact to get a pedestrian walkway installed. I believe the developer should have more respect for local residents.

EDS
EDS
1 year ago

Katrina Bolster from NBC 12 is looking to talk to folks about the 25th street closure.

Rita Ward
Rita Ward
1 year ago

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!

T B Moore
T B Moore
1 year ago

Also caution!!!: the Stop Sign for vehicles coming up the hill on 19th Street from Broad Street is no longer there – it used to be a 4 way stop (I checked the Google Map street view made before construction, and you can see all 4 stop signs).

I almost pulled in front of a fast moving car coming up that hill that did not slow for the intersection.

Bill Hartsock
Bill Hartsock
1 year ago

There was a temporary stop sign at the corner last night when I came that way.