Volunteer

Do you think the neighborhood looks dirty sometimes? Well, how about helping out!

Keep Virginia Cozy has been on the job for the past 11 weeks in Richmond. They’ve collected over 500 lbs of trash and over 150 lbs of recycling and THEY’RE COMING TO CHURCH HILL/UNION HILL. Keep VA Cozy is a volunteer effort and you’re all encouraged to come out and lend a hand!

Volunteers will be meeting on September 25th @ 6:15p at Union Market. You can find the event page with further details on Facebook HERE.

Emergency Resources for Feeding/Caring for Pets and Strays

Kiet Vo

Call for Volunteers for Hog on the Hill

Grace
Grace
1 year ago

I really appreciate people doing stuff like this but I would also like to see some changes made that go to the sources of the problem. I’ve noticed that many of the multi-units in church hill only have one to two super-cans which is not enough to accommodate that number of people living in them especially if some of the units have families. Just based of my own experience, trash has always been included in my rent. Can local landlords please do us all a fave and pay $90 bucks for another super can so we have a little less… Read more »

K
K
1 year ago

it’ll be nice to get it cleaned up before people who do not care mess it up again.

Dana Bagby
Dana Bagby
1 year ago

It’s funny how much trash there is on the streets right after the trash men leave.

Kay
Kay
1 year ago

It looks dirty all of the time. There are some lazy people who have no pride in Church Hill.

Leslie Moore
Leslie Moore
1 year ago

I second what Grace’s praise for the volunteer efforts and what she is requesting. While our house was being built, we lived in an apartment with an inadequate number of super-cans. We were willing to buy an additional one (the cost is up now, I think, to $155) but we were told only the property owner could do it. Our landlord was responsive, but I am sure many are not or renters don’t know who to call if property managers don’t respond.

MP
MP
1 year ago

Seconding Dana Bagby – lots of trash seems to blows off the trucks and into my yard. Don’t really know how this is happening.

Lee
Lee
1 year ago

Doesn’t the city still take bagged garbage as long as it’s left at the curb with the other trash? I manage (and I currently live in) a fourplex building where it would be nice to have more trash cans, but there’s not anywhere to actually keep them (no alley access, very small yard, etc.) and getting everyone to take their trash out every week is nearly impossible anyway. The city rules on this seem to be different depending on who asks, who answers the question, etc. Regardless, most of the problems – rats/flies/roaches, garbage all over the place/flying out of… Read more »

jean mcdaniel
jean mcdaniel
1 year ago

The attached photo looka like construction debris, i.e.: old plaster and lath work. The contractor is responsible for taking this away and it more than likely has lead paint on it!

mary
mary
1 year ago

FACT: Fast-growing Richmond has a population of nearly a quarter of a million people, all of whom produce household debris in some form or another FACT: Richmond has one dump…and it’s south of the James River. The city used to have two fully functional dumps but years ago earthquake damage mandated closure of the household debris and garbage portion of the second dump – which was on the site of the “mulch dump” located in the 7th district. FACT: Cynthia Newbille, who “represents” the 7th district, since the dump in the 7th district was closed to/stopped accepting household debris, has… Read more »

bill
bill

hi mary
thanks for the reminder on newbile’s
“let me get back to you on that”
lol-love it
that is just as recognizable as
“and here’s johnny”
to open the carson show

Mister F
Mister F
1 year ago

Kay, you missed the second part of the headline, where you get to offer to help.

Kay
Kay
1 year ago

What’s your address Mr. F. I’m certain we could start there.

Mister F
Mister F
1 year ago

Kay, I posted it before as a direct response to you. I welcome your critique, and at the same time am concerned about your inability to use a basic question mark in a sentence.