Crime

Stolen in broad daylight

Please keep an eye out for Virginia’s car. If you see it, do not approach. Call the police.

My car was just stolen in broad daylight at the corner of Broad and 33rd. Navy blue 2012 Ford Explorer (plate VCH 5897).

Arrest made in Blakey Street killing

ABC store on Venable St broken into

Redd Street Homicide – Arrest Made

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

Isn’t there a neighbor in that area that has a security camera?

Heather Williams
Heather Williams
1 year ago

I have one better – I’ll knife & flatten all four tires then call the police! Assholes!!

SC Kent
SC Kent
1 year ago

So. Obviously someone left the key in it. It is a chipped key. The car can’t be “hotwired”. So it must be their own stupidity.

Rita Ward
Rita Ward
1 year ago

33rd and Broad wit th keys in ignition? No comment!!!

Victoria Lynn Davis
Victoria Lynn Davis
1 year ago

Then you’ll be replacing the tires…would be the case on my car. It’s overkill. Calm down.

Victoria Lynn Davis
Victoria Lynn Davis
1 year ago

If you left your keys inside, you deserve to have it stolen. This is a city. COME ON.

Sarah Joy DiDomenico Ogburn
Sarah Joy DiDomenico Ogburn
1 year ago

No one deserves to have things stolen. Let’s be a community and keep an eye out for the vehicle, not attack victim of the crime.

Kitty
Kitty
1 year ago

I agree wholeheartedly with Sarah. Why should anyone “deserve” to be the victim of a crime?

jean mcdaniel
jean mcdaniel
1 year ago

Sarah and Kitty, Thank You. I am constantly amazed at how snarky, judgmental and full of condemnation people are on this web site. People make mistakes. My husband does not lock our car sometimes and it gets rumaged thru. Does that make him deserving of being robbed? NO! STOP BLAMING THE VICTIM! Maybe this person was struggling with getting a baby in the house, a sick child, an injured animal or husband and was distracted.! ? Maybe she has an illness that took her attention momentariely. Whatever happened, this person did not “DESERVE” to have her vehicle stolen. I am… Read more »

Heather Williams
Heather Williams
1 year ago

Keeping perpetrators from driving off with the truck for cops to arrive would be key. Tire replacement is cheaper than replacing the truck. If you think in any scenario like this your gonna just walk up to people, introduce yourself, maybe shake hands, & ask for your vehicles return your full of shit. Try that if you’d like, see how far it gets you. Let your anger turn into tactics or is that just all my Army deployments talking.

nadine
nadine
1 year ago

Why oh why were the keys left in the car?