Image default
East End News

Spread the Word: Tax Relief for the Elderly and Disabled

The following may be of help to our elderly and disabled neighbors who may need tax relief assistance. Share if you know someone who meets these qualifications.

The city’s Department of Finance is still accepting applications for the Tax Relief for the Elderly and Disabled Program. The program opened on January 8, 2018 and the application deadline is April 2, 2018.

The tax relief program provides assistance to Richmond’s qualifying elderly and disabled homeowners through their real estate taxes. Citizens who participate in the program have their annual real estate tax bills reduced by 30% and 100%, depending upon their household income. Citizens must own and reside in their home, be 65 or older or permanently and totally disabled, earn less than $50,000 annually and have assets (net worth) of less than $200,000. Taxpayers must provide proof of income and assets. A list of necessary documents can be found on the application.

Applications are located on the City of Richmond website, at city libraries and from the city’s Finance Department payment locations. Assistance in completing applications or re-certifications is also being offered throughout the city. Perspective applicants and existing participants may visit the following locations for any help that may be needed:

The East End Initiative Building
701 N. 25th St.
every Thursday through March 29 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Huguenot High School
Building #26 located at 7945 Forest Hill Ave.
every Tuesday through March 27 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

5th Street Baptist Church
One Stop Resource Center located at 2800 3rd Ave.
every Wednesday through March 28 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Bellemeade Community Center
1800 Lynnhaven Ave.
every Friday through March 30 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.

Assistance at City Hall (Room 100) will be available during normal business days and hours.

More information about the Tax Relief for the Elderly and Disabled Program is available by calling (804) 646-6015 or by visiting the Finance Department webpage.

Related posts

Official: Planned Parenthood Opening in N. 25th St


Call for Action: Take the Master Plan Survey for Jefferson and 25th St.

Church Hill People's News

25th St and Q shooting Leaves One Dead

3 Comment threads
1 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
Emily KlinedinstDana BagbyChurch Hill People's NewsMary Elizabeth Walker Recent comment authors

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Mary Elizabeth Walker

I don’t understand what that is please help

Church Hill People's News

Hi Mary! There’s a phone line you call (804) 646-6015. These are experts who will be able to walk you through the process.

Dana Bagby

This should apply to all elderly residents.

Emily Klinedinst