East End News

Family Dollar Assault and Robbery

Full video is below:

While this is not breaking news, as some news sites claimed in their coverage of this story, this is newly released footage of an assault and robbery that occurred at Family Dollar, 1220 N 25th St, on January 8th at around 5:40p.

The suspect can be seen entering the store, attempting to steal some merchandise, and being confronted by the store clerk. The situation ends when the suspect slams the clerk to the ground, picks back up his stolen merchandise, and flees the store.

If you have information about this incident or recognize the suspect please contact First Precinct Detective J. Hewitt at 804-646-0576 or call Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000 or by visiting the Virginia Crime Stoppers Website

Emily Klinedinst
Emily Klinedinst 01/26/2018 at 6:53 PM

Oh how awful

Rita Justice Austera 01/26/2018 at 7:30 PM

The clerks need to be told to not confront people like that. He could’ve had a weapon. She could’ve been hurt or killed. I doubt she gets paid well enough to put herself in danger.

Rita Justice Austera
Rita Justice Austera 01/26/2018 at 7:30 PM

EastEnder 01/26/2018 at 7:59 PM

The patrons don’t help the store clerk?! Ugh. Nasty.

Ken 01/27/2018 at 7:19 AM

These 2 guys that sit there and watch a woman get assulted are terrible.Great Community we have here

Dubois2 01/27/2018 at 8:41 AM

Dear Chief Durham,
Please hire the clerk. She’s got a ton of heart.
Thank you.

Kathi Sanders 01/27/2018 at 9:01 AM

Everything about this is disgusting. No one helped the store clerk at all – they just stood there and watched. And the robber knows he probably won’t get caught and he’s just going to do what he wants. I agree that the clerk shouldn’t have challenged him but I’m sure she just reacted immediately to the situation. She’s probably tired of getting ripped off.

Dave Seibert 01/27/2018 at 10:46 AM

Respect for that store clerk! Getting after it. Glad she wasn’t seriously injured. Hoping one of those patrons at least called the cops.

crd 01/27/2018 at 12:19 PM

@6 thank you Dubois2. Thanks for giving me a smile with that post.

UH Lover 01/27/2018 at 6:44 PM

That clerk is so over it. I’m so over it, too. Confident crime. It needs to not have a place in this community. Does anyone know if this man was arrested?

The U.....nion Hill 01/27/2018 at 6:49 PM

And a grocery store is opening up across the street? That poor place will be put out of business by the amount of thefts that are going to occur.

Kathi Sanders 01/28/2018 at 9:59 AM

I think more people and businesses will help. Obviously this area needs an influx of people that actually care what’s happening, unlike everyone in this video except for the store clerk. I am determined to shop at our new grocery store when it opens and you better believe I would have at the very least dialed 911 if I saw something like this happening.

Mark 01/28/2018 at 7:31 PM

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Neighbor 01/29/2018 at 10:58 AM

@The U…..nion Hill:

I totally agree, the shrinkage at this store will be out of control. Based on the area and the class of people expected to shop there, I don’t plan to shop at the new grocery store because I don’t want to get robbed or get caught up in some grocery store hold up.

Kay9 01/29/2018 at 7:56 PM

From the RTD: Jim’s Local Market Closing on Wednesday-http://www.richmond.com/business/local/jim-s-local-market-in-newport-news-is-closing/article_2d59bc45-878d-53df-9480-1544436c4c75.html