Have a thought, idea, or question regarding the plans to redevelop the blocks between North 5th and North 10th Streets, and between East Leigh and East Marshall Streets? Take a survey and help the city out. Your response will help shape the future of downtown Richmond.
If you’re in the mood to go in person, click here to view the in-person workshops.
The City has these goals:
- Support the City’s Master Plan – These blocks anchor the City’s official growth plan as an “economic opportunity area.”
- New Tax Base – The City wants to generate new revenue.
- Poverty mitigation – The redevelopment can create jobs of all skill levels for City residents.
- Job training opportunities – The project should create local job opportunities, internships, and on-the-job learning experiences for students of all ages.
- Community Revitalization – The area consists of many properties that are not currently utilized to their full market potential. They could make more money for the City.
- Infrastructure Improvements – Proposals should include ways to pay for infrastructure to handle new traffic, more people and bikes, and changing land uses.
- Sustainable Development – Proposals should promote sustainability, consistent with the Mayor’s RVAgreen 2050 plan to reduce carbon emissions. The city wants to see clean energy resources, reliable and resilient our energy systems, and more efficient and affordable energy use.
- Richmond Public Schools – Proposals should positively impact Richmond Public Schools.
- Enhance City Brand – The redevelopment should elevate the City’s image and brand regionally, across the country, and around the world.
- Minority Business support – The Proposal should advance opportunities for minority and emerging small business enterprises.