11/25/2017 9:33 AM by John M
In 2008, we were waiting for Alamo BBQ and a handful of other joints to open up. In 2012, the “coming soon” list included Sub Rosa, Proper Pie, Dutch & Co, and WPA Bakery. Right now there are at least 7 more food spots announced or rumored.
- RUMOR from a few good sources has the folks behind the Fan’s 8 1/2 going into the former Stroop’s spot on Marshall Street.
- Soul n’ Vinegar have “affordable, fresh, packaged meals” at 2832 R Street in 2018
- Chef Jessica Wilson is working to being GRACE to Chimborazo and Marshall
- A new restaurant from a Richmond chef of note is actively in the works for the old Blue Wheeler space at 32nd and Marshall. More on this soon.
- Chris Davis of Alamo BBQ is slow and steady working on the Frontier space on the 400 block of 25th Street.
- Ginger Juice and a taco restaurant are slated for the development at Jefferson/M Street/24th Street
- The almost completed building at 718 N 23rd has a restaurant space on the bottom floor. Haven’t heard anything on this.
- The new culinary school at 25th and Nine Mile will have space for a restaurant as well. No info attached to that yet.
TAGGED: 8 1/2, Alewife, Blue Wheeler, Frontier, Ginger Juice, GRACE, Lee Gregory, rvadine, Soul n Vinegar, Stroops