Buy from locally-owned businesses this year and keep dollars and jobs in the neighborhood.
Here’s a simple list of local gift options that I could think of… Post any suggestions in the comments.
- A plant or flower pot or the dream of spring from Gather Home and Garden on Marshall Street
- Something random and perfect from Tiny Space on Marshall Street
- A bottle of wine from Union Market or Dutch & Co.
- Something awesome and American-made from Roaring Pines on Venable Street
- Something cute from Dear Neighbor on Jefferson Avenue
- A gift certificate for a massage from Restore PT
- A gift certificate for any of the local restaurants or bakeries
- Books! Union Market carries Kitty Snow’s great little books, the gift shop at The Valentine has a ton of good books.
- A headlight or other bicycle gear from Cyclus
- Tickets for a Richmond Rides Bike Tour, a Valentine walking tour, or Real Richmond Food Tour
- Products, gift boxes, styling brushes, or a gift certificate from Seven Hills Studio, Luminary Hair Co, or Jade Salon
- Local art from Schindler Gallery
- A coffee cup or other swag from Proper Pie
- A growler from Union Market or Shine Craft
- A local t-shirt from Alamo BBQ, Cyclus, Metzger, Robinson Theater, WPA Bakery, Liberty Public House
- A cornhole set or porch swing from Nehemiah’s Workshop
- A book, sticker, or shirt from the St. John’s gift shop
- Something handmade from Shockoe Bottom Clay
- A pound of coffee from Captain Buzzy’s
- A Church Hill flag from the Church Hill Association
- Something adorable from April Scott
- The gift of classes at the new BOHO Cycle Studio
- Pick up a copy of Unicia Buster’s Coloring Curls