PHOTO: Darlene Birchett
More than 70 people turned to the awards ceremony this afternoon for the 2017 SEED grants at the Bon Secours’ Sarah Garland Jones Center at 26th and Nine Mile. Five local small businesses were awarded a total of $107,000 in grants towards equipment, training, and the like.
The 2017 Capital One/LISC/Bon Secours’ SEED grant winners, announced today, are:
- Happiness Dance Studios – Felicia Manns – Dance studio promoting fitness and healthy lifestyles though dance. Open now at 1003 North 25th Street / happinessdancestudios.com
- Jade Salon – Jaida Cureton – Multicultural full-service salon for men, women, and children. At 3304 East Marshall Street / https://www.facebook.com/JadeMulticulturalChurchHill/
- The Yard Guy – Darlene Birchett – landscaping and hauling services
- The Neighborhood Scoop – Lawson Wijesooriya – Ice cream truck and shop now open at 1400 North 26th Street / @churchhillscoop
- Soul N’ Vinegar – Michelle Parrish – take-out food shop coming to the former Ruth’s Beauty Shop at 29th and R Streets / https://www.facebook.com/soulnvinegar/
Over $400,000 has been awarded to 30 East End businesses since 2011.
TAGGED: Bon Secours, Happiness Dance Studios, Jade Salon, LISC, SEED, Soul n Vinegar, The Neighborhood Scoop, The Yard Guy