Come and learn what you can do to make your landscape more sustainable and wildlife-friendly. Topics will include:
- Native plants and their vital role in healthy ecosystems
- Conservation landscapes serve many purposes (e.g. wildlife habitat, ease of maintenance, improved water quality, aesthetics, carbon storage, saving money)
- Conservation landscapes are flexible (size, soil and light conditions, plant types, formal vs. informal, etc.)
- Considerations in selecting a site for conservation landscaping
- Site preparation to ensure success and minimize maintenance
- Resources to select the native plants that will work for your purposes
This workshop is FREE; but Advanced Registration is required. Workshop size is limited to 30 participants.
To register, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Workshop” in the subject line. A confirmation email with additional information will be sent to you.
As a follow-up to this workshop, a Native Plant Sale will be held at Gather Home and Garden (2704 East Marshall Street) on Saturday, August 19, from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Conservation Landscaping Workshop
Thursday, August 17
Native Plant Sale
Saturday, August 19