Start your ride with us from Richmond’s East End! We’ll meet by 5:45pm at Jefferson Park (corner of Mosby St and Princess Anne Ave).
This month’s theme is a Halloween Costume Party! Come dressed up and we’ll have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for best (audience nominated) costume!
Our ride will cover 3 miles to our mid-point stop, where we’ll meet up with the other routes and learn about some cool Richmond history. Then, we’ll set off at a leisurely pace for a 5 mile ride to the final destination! This month’s end point will be about 4-5 miles from our start location.
If you have friends coming, make sure they register early as registration will close at 11:59PM the day before the ride, Wednesday, 10/26/16.
Don’t forget to hashtag your social media posts with #BreakawayRVA!
- Arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the slated start time. Listed start time is wheels up, so be early!
- Bring your own H20 to stay hydrated.
- Wear a helmet – get yours at http://www.iamrva.com (Bonus – if you check that you are a Breakaway RVA rider, $10 of the proceeds will go towards making these rides even better!)
- PACK A FLASHLIGHT, HEADLAMP, OR A BIKE LIGHT FOR THE RIDE – IT GETS DARK EARLIER IN OCTOBER!
- Bring a GPS-enabled phone/device to help you get home afterwards!
- See our FAQs for more helpful stuff.
As a reminder: all of our groups will obey the rules of the road, such as stopping at stop signs and obeying traffic signals. By choosing to ride, you are doing so at your own risk and Breakaway RVA and its representatives are not liable for your safety. Safety equipment (proper lights and helmets) are STRONGLY encouraged. Review Sports Backers guide to safe riding before the event: http://www.sportsbackers.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/printablebooklet.pdf