Crime

Two kids shot at Coalter and Redd Streets

Fatal shooting in Creighton Court

Arrest Made in Mechanicsville Turnpike Shooting

Suspect apprehended after man found dead in East End store

Brett 10/16/2016 at 9:10 AM

I hope the kids are okay. Being a kid is hard enough, let alone being involved in this violence.

The night time gunfire lately has been intolerable. I know it’s hard to locate a shooter by sound, but we need to round up these guns. I never just hear one or two shots. It’s always at least a half a dozen rounds in multiple clusters.

There needs to be an officer in that area with his windows down and ears on…. every night.

Catch these fuckers during playtime, before a bullet meets a human.

jean mcdaniel 10/16/2016 at 10:26 AM

Mr. Baker, could you elaborate on your comment? How do you know this and where did you get the intel? This seems to me to be pretty important information.

Are these victims O.K.?

Anoali1902 10/16/2016 at 1:01 PM

Number 4 and 5. There’s always been a battle between projects. Mosby, Gilpin, Whitcomb, etc. Its been like that since the 80’s My dad is 54 years old, but he used to tell me how when he was younger, he used to be with the Mosby gang and they would have issues with other RRHA communities. This isn’t anything new

Dubois2 10/16/2016 at 4:05 PM

@#6 I don’t think anyone is suggesting that project v project rivalry and violence is new, but rather asking ‘what seems to be actually happening right now?’. I’d like to know more as well.

Your comment seems like saying ‘there are always murders’, which, though true, doesn’t change the fact that it matters how many and where those murders happen.
and for a city whose murder rate this year is already about 125% of an average of recent years and climbing, I do think the details of now matter.

Anoali1902 10/16/2016 at 5:38 PM

#7 To answer your question, I just told you what is happening right now, it’s rrha community rivalries. It’s as simple as that. I live a block from Whitcomb, and a few blocks from Fairfield, and a couple from Mosby. I have friends who live in these communities, I have three stepdaughters who go to Mlk and the schools in these communities. I hear the talk all of the time inside of my home. Im not at liberty to discuss everything that my family tells me or what I hear from the people who live in these communities, but it’s similar to gang territories.

Im speaking of facts, not on something that I think is going on or assumptions. If you want to know the details, why don’t you go into these rrha communities and ask them what’s going on? I do. I walk into Whitcomb almost everyday, even though I live in eastview. I know that’s it’s stupid, but these kids in these rrha communities treat these properties like gangs, and I’ve personally heard stories that if your not from there, and you come into their neighborhood….I think you know the rest.

If you doubt me, like I said go into these rrha communites for yourself and see what’s going on. I see it everyday. I talk to these people. Like I said my family has friends in these communities who come to my house, and they TALK. If you haven’t seen it or experienced what Im talking about, then you probably wouldn’t be able to relate.

WarGibFA 10/16/2016 at 6:56 PM

With all due respect, 8, last time I went near one of those communities, I was followed and harassed by a number of young men. Pardon young women, if they abstain from that particular challenge.

chpn 10/18/2016 at 7:40 AM