In light of the unseasonably low temperatures being forecast for Friday evening the chance of more rain, the Symphony performance at this weekend’s RVA East End Festival is being moved to 7:30-8:45 PM Saturday evening.
There’s a high-temperature forecast of 65° for Friday and a low for Friday night of 49°. If the temperature is lower than 65°, it can cause the wood string and woodwind instruments to crack. This would be bad.
No BS! Brass Band will still be performing Friday evening, as their brass instruments won’t be affected by the low temperatures in the same way. The welcome and opening ceremonies will go on as planned:
- 5:00 pm Festival begins
- 5:30 pm No BS! Sound Check
- 6:15 pm Awards presentation for poster competition
- 6:30 pm – 7:15 pm No BS! First set (roaming the grounds and ending on stage)
- 7:15 pm – 7:45 pm Intermission to include: Welcome greetings from Councilwoman Cynthia Newbille supported by the nine East End civic association leadership representatives. Brief remarks by David Fisk (RSO) and Mark Gordon (Bon Secours) and check presentation to David Myers (RPS)
- 7:45 pm – 8:30 pm(ish) No BS! Second set