Matt Jarreau and Daniil Kleyman shared last night at the Union Hill Civic Association updated drawings for a mixed-use development in the mostly vacant triangle bound by Jefferson Avenue, M Street, and 24th Street. This is the 2nd round of drawings after a presentation and feedback in February.
From Daniil Kleyman:
“This is going to be one of the largest single investments in Church Hill in a while and we definitely feel it’s important to keep the community involved and abreast of the progression of our design.
Since we first released initial drawings of this project, we basically went back to the drawing board to redesign it. The focus has been on:
- Making all 3 sides of the building look like the front – we’ve anchored the 24th/M st corner and have pronounced entrances on multiple streets now
- Getting us away from the “shockoe warehouse” look and making the building feel more residential
- Enlarging the storefronts and making the first floor more inviting
- Changing up the window designs to, again, feel more residential
- Adding balconies to each unit to break up the facade and give additional amenities to tenants
- Incorporating the newly-purchased corner parcel into the design – we envision that piece of the first floor commercial being a restaurant to complement Sub Rosa and Roosevelt across the street
These are NOT final designs as we are still tweaking and revising parts of it and are still open to constructive feedback from the community. People that are paying attention will notice we’ve taken a lot of the constructive feedback from the last round into our revisions so far.
We know it’ll be impossible to please everyone – some people want super-modern and some people want something that looks historic. Neither will fly by CAR. At the end of the day, we’re focused on building a great product that we will be proud of for many years to come.”
— ∮∮∮ —
— ∮∮∮ —
— ∮∮∮ —
TAGGED: 2411 M Street