Main Street bridge replacement meeting next Thursday

From the Church Hill Association:

VDOT Main St. (Rt. 5) Bridge replacement over railroad, City of Richmond. Citizen information meeting, Thurs. Dec. 10, 2015 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Chimborazo Elementary School , 3000 East Marshall St.

Come see and hear about plans to replace Main St.(Rt. 5) bridge over Norfolk Southern railroad. Road will be closed and detour in place. Give your written comments at the meeting or submit them no later than Dec. 20 to Joe Fecek at VDOT in Colonial Heights. Or Joe.Fecek@vdot.virginia.gov

In the event of inclement weather on Dec. 10, meeting will be held on Dec. 17.

There are 17 DonorsChoose projects at neighborhood schools that you can support

Chimborazo Graduation car parade celebration is this evening

RachelDePompa
RachelDePompa

RT @chpn: Main Street bridge replacement meeting next Thursday https://t.co/yk5flrTpkE

Craig
Craig

I can’t picture the location of the bridge referenced here. “Main St. (Rt. 5) Bridge replacement over railroad, City of Richmond.”. Can someone note the exact location of this?

Kimberly Ann Paulsrud
Kimberly Ann Paulsrud

Kimberly Ann Paulsrud liked this on Facebook.

crd
crd

Thanks John. I had to Google map it, too. Apparently I’ve been over it many times over the years, and never realized it was a bridge, just absolutely could not visualize it. I knew about the one over head, just not the one under Main St.

I found the actual legal notice in Saturday’s paper, page B7, and it includes the VDOT project number :State Project 0005-127-957, P101, B630, C501, R201 for what that’s worth. I have not (yet) tried to go on VDOT’s website and find it.

Richard Rumrill
Richard Rumrill

Richard Rumrill liked this on Facebook.

Harvey Tracey
Harvey Tracey

Harvey Tracey liked this on Facebook.

Christian B
Christian B

This probably isn’t related, but I have a beef with the intersection with Williamsburg Ave. When I’m going NW on Main, going straight on a green light, SE traffic turning left on Williamsburg tries to hit me from time to time. It’s a bit of a blind intersection, I think, plus the slight angle may be adding confusion. Is there a history of accidents at this intersection? If not, it’s no big deal.

Christian Briggs
Christian Briggs

Christian Briggs liked this on Facebook.

Juliellen
Juliellen

@Christian B, I often turn left from Main Street to Williamsburg Ave there and if the green arrow has ended, left turning vehicles are supposed to yield to oncoming traffic…but the oncoming traffic comes up so fast that sometimes I have to scoot fast when it was clear when I started. Probably a good idea to slow down as you approach.

crd
crd

@4 yes, there is a history of accidents there. I have a problem with that intersection, too. I also have a problem with all those cars that come whizzing into town from somewhere east on Route 5; one day I tried to keep up with one and eased off when I got up to 45 mph and it disappeared heading west. They are seriously exceeding the speed limit coming into town.