Please note that our normally scheduled MPACT Meeting has been rescheduled because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Attached is the agenda for the 1st Precinct MPACT/BRT Meeting, scheduled for, Wednesday, November 18th, at 6:00PM. The meeting will be held at EDI (East District Center), 701 N. 25th St, in the 2nd floor conference room.
This month, we invite you to attend a MPACT conversation with DPU’s Administrative Project Analyst, Gay Stokes, who will discuss the Build a Barrel-Save the Bay initiative. She will also be available to sign attendees up for a free rain barrel. The Richmond Police Department’s 1st Precinct Lieutenant, Jeremy Sayles will also be in attendance to address any concerns that you may have. We will wrap up with a BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) presentation from GRTC’s, Public Relations Manager, Carrie Rose Pace. Some of the highlights of her presentation will consist of the following:
- GRTC Pulse (Bus Rapid Transit) is a modern, high quality, high capacity rapid transit system that will serve a 7.6 mile route with 14 stations through the high-density and high-ridership areas along Broad Street to Main Street in the City of Richmond, terminating on the East End at Rocketts Landing and on the West End in Henrico County at Willow Lawn.
- This faster, more frequent transit service arrives October 2017 to improve your quality of life.
- Pulse service will function like light rail, stopping less frequently but connecting passengers to destination hubs.
- Service Frequency: every 10 minutes during peak (7AM-9AM and 4PM-6PM), every 15 minutes off-peak.
- Minimum Hours of Operation: 5:30AM – 11:30PM Weekdays; 6:00AM – 11:30PM Weekends.
Please note that this agenda may be revised and that you can refer to the City’s MPACT website for updates. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and thank you for doing your part to help build the best Richmond!
***Light refreshments will be provided.***
Have a great weekend,
Precinct 1 – MPACT Coordinator
City of Richmond
900 E. Broad St., Suite 1502
Richmond, VA 23219
— ∮∮∮ —
1st Precinct MPACT Meeting
November 18, 2015 6:00PM
EDI (East District Center)
701 N. 25th St. Richmond, VA 23223
(2nd Floor Conference Room)
- Welcome/Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
Hope Cousin, MPACT Coordinator
- Richmond Police Department
Jeremy Sayles, 1st Precinct Lieutenant
- Department of Public Utilities
Gay Stokes, Administrative Project Analyst
Carrie Rose-Pace, Public Relations Manager