The UCI is saying that more than 645,000 spectators came to the race course over 10 days, and it seems like a good half of them might’ve been somewhere between between 23rd and Libby Hill.
The Worlds was a smooth event, I didn’t see anyone angry or even frustrated. The relaxed ABC and parking enforcement was a friendly touch, it felt good to be New Orleans for a weekend. Folks from out of town and folks from across town got a “best of” experience in Church Hill this weekend.
I have never been more stoked or proud to a resident of Richmond, of Church Hill.
A week ago a lot of people were excited about the coming races, some were anxious, but I don’t think any of us expected how wonderful this past weekend would end up being around Church Hill. There are a ton of people who deserve a proper THANK YOU for this great couple of days, including:
- the neighbors who decorated their porches and tree wells
- the folks who made sure not a piece of litter was left,
- that the mail was delivered every day,
- those who passed out visitors guides to the neighborhood,
- who ensured the safety of our city, and
- those who worked every day to feed our visitors and welcome them to the neighborhood.
Who am I missing? Share it below!
TAGGED: World Road Cycling Championships