Tricycle Gardens and 31st Street Baptist Church are hosting an Urban Agriculture Symposium tomorrow, Thursday, September 24, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Join experts in urban agriculture, food justice and community development and be inspired by the dynamic collaborative work in Richmond.
The keynote presenter will be Jason Weller, Chief of U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service since July 2013. As Chief, he oversees programs that help protect the environment, preserve natural resources and improve agricultural sustainability through voluntary, private-lands conservation. He leads a staff of more than 10,000 employees across the country and manages a budget of about $4 billion.
- Rachel Bulifant, Bon Secours Richmond Health System
- Leanne DuBois, VDACS
- William Crutchfield, VSU
- Dr. Leonard Githinji, VSU
- Dr. Jewel Hairston, USDA – FSA
- Dr. Morris Henderson, 31st Street Baptist Church
- Claudia Jackson, VA Department of Social Services -SNAP Ed
- Diana Limbacker, USDA – FNS
- Kilby Majette, USDA- NRCS
- Sally Schwitters, Tricycle Gardens
The event will be moderated by Emmy Award Winner Jesse Vaughan.