Leigh Street (2002)

25th and O Streets (1978)

Old Images of Richmond

East End Theater (1938)

Alli Alligood
Alli Alligood

Does anyone know who did the work on those places to get them to the point they are now?

Belinda Viers
Belinda Viers

Belinda Viers liked this on Facebook.

Cynthia Tobin
Cynthia Tobin

Cynthia Tobin liked this on Facebook.

Mars
Mars

I’m not sure, but they don’t flow together well. That’s the issue with these attached properties. You would think they would make an attempt to maintain consistency.

Mackie
Mackie

@Alli On the 2502 side, the “renovation” was done by a woman named Carol Powers. My partner and I have been incredibly disappointed with the subpar work she did and have been gradually trying to make improvements over the years. The other side (2504) was done by an out-of-town landlord. We had hoped to collaborate with him on a cohesive design for the front, but no such luck.

Mackie
Mackie

@Mars Thank you for your architectural vision.

mary anne
mary anne

Yeah, that’s how I bought the house @ 2502 from a lady who had never held a hammer before. I ‘m not going to go through the whole story of the condition of the place after I bought it – it was my first(& only) house & we’ve talked to one of the best real estate lawyers in town who felt it was a case of fraud. Those of you who know me know the effort the seller put into passing inspections & the city inspections that were not performed but passed w/out ever seeing the house. I was under… Read more »

mary anne
mary anne

Hey Ali! Were you able to use the old stairs that we gave you? Those were torn out try of my house by Carol Powers, the woman that was “renovating” my house. She was responsible for the current state of our house but you know we are working on it.

Alli Alligood
Alli Alligood

Hey Mary Anne — I didn’t end up taking those treads after all — I think there were too few and they may not have been quite long enough. Still haven’t finished my staircase either …:)

Elaine Musick
Elaine Musick

Elaine Musick liked this on Facebook.