The full schedule of the UCI Road World Championships was released today, including the Women’s and Men’s Elite Road Circuit and other races that will come up Libby Hill. The event is expected to bring 450,000 spectators to Richmond over its 8-day run, with Libby Hill perhaps the premier viewing spot in the city.
The first training runs will start in the city on September 19, with the Men’s Elite Road Circuit race on Sunday, September 27, the final event.
Expect parking restrictions within at least a block of the route and travel difficulties in the general area. Get familiar with the MLK Bridge and the interstate entrances on Mechanicsville and Nine Mile…
The course through Church Hill and Libby Hill will be in use Thursday-Sunday, September 24-27th for the following races:
- Road Circuit Training | 10 AM – noon
- Conquer the Cobbles Run | 7 PM – 9 PM
- Women’s Junior Road Circuit | 10 AM – 11:50 PM
- Conquer the Cobbles Ride | 7 PM – 9 PM
- Men’s Under 23 Road Circuit | 12:45 PM – 4:50 PM
- Men’s Junior Road Circuit | 9 AM – 12:15 PM
- Women’s Elite Road Circuit | 1 PM – 4:25 PM
- Men’s Elite Road Circuit | 9 AM – 3:40 PM
— ∮∮∮ —