In our area the assigned foot beat will cover the criminal hotbed from 23rd Street to 29th Street, between Franklin Street and Marshall Streets:
Beginning today, the RPD will utilize visibility patrol tactics by dedicating and deploying two officers from each police precinct to walk foot beats in specific neighborhoods.
Officers will also work with other governmental agencies to address blight and public nuisance concerns.
These officers will be tasked with:
- Gaining intimate knowledge of their assigned area;
- Getting to know the residents of their assigned community;
- Engaging youth;
- Identifying those persons involved in criminal activity;
- Addressing the concerns of the community;
- Attending community meetings;
- Conducting business checks; and,
- Responding to calls for service within their area.