A handful of the 68 items on the agenda for the Monday, October 13, City Council Meeting (PDF) are of somewhat direct local interest:
10. Ord. No. 2014-168 (Patron: Mayor Jones, By Request) – To authorize the special use of the properties known as 3409 Williamsburg Avenue, 4300 Williamsburg Avenue [and], 116 Nicholson Street, a portion of right-of-way known as Lewis Street and a portion of right-of- way known as 37th Street for the purpose of a brewery, upon certain terms and conditions. (As Amended)
11. Ord. No. 2014-169 (Patron: Mayor Jones, By Request) – To authorize the special use of the property known as 108 Nicholson Street for the purpose of a brewery, upon certain terms and conditions.
22. Ord. No. 2014-188 (Patron: Mayor Jones, By Request) – To close to public use and travel a portion of right-of-way known as Lewis Street, located between its intersection with Williamsburg Road and its intersection with a CSX Transportation, Inc. right-of-way and consisting of 24,300± square feet and a portion of right-of-way known as 37th Street, located between its intersection with Lewis Street and its intersection with Nicholson Street and consisting of 5,985± square feet, upon certain terms and conditions.
36. Res. No. 2014-R167 (Patron: Ms. Newbille) – To approve an expenditure in the amount of $2,500 from the Council Districts Funds for the Seventh District to make a donation to the Fan Free Clinic to support its Sista Speaks Empowerment Camp program.
37. Res. No. 2014-R168 (Patron: Ms. Newbille) – To approve an expenditure in the amount of $417.50 from the Council Districts Funds for the Seventh District to provide funding to the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities to assist Motiv8s Incorporated with costs associated with park rental for the Motiv8s Annual Community Program.
49. Res. No. 2014-R180 (Patrons: Mr. Baliles and President Samuels) – To support the Shockoe Economic Revitalization Strategy. Recommendation from Land Use, Housing & Transportation Standing Committee meeting to continue to Tuesday, October 21, 2014 Land Use, Housing & Transportation meeting. (Continue to Monday, October 27, 2014 Council meeting)
68. Res. No. 2014-R156 (Patron: Mr. Baliles) – To support efforts by the Economic Development Authority to acquire the properties known as 103 Ambler Street, 1601 East Grace Street, 1600 East Franklin Street, 1604 East Franklin Street, 1606 East Franklin Street, 1610 East Franklin Street, 200 North 17th Street, 208 North 17th Street, 212 North 17th Street, 214 North 17th Street, 220 North 17th Street, 222 North 17th Street, 1715 East Grace Street, 300 Oliver Hill Way, 400 Oliver Hill Way, 510 Oliver Hill Way, 101 North 17th Street, 207 North 18th Street, 1800 East Grace Street, and 1609 East Franklin Street for the purpose of developing one or more facilities for commercial enterprises in order to promote economic development in the City.