The 36-hour online giving challenge The Amazing Raise kicks off at 6AM on Wednesday September 17th, and runs through 6PM on Thursday September 18th.
The fundraiser generated 18,000 individual gifts and $1.5 million for participating charities in 2013. Church Hill Activities and Tutoring (CHAT) took the top spot last year with 936 people pledging $76,306.
More than 500 organizations have entered the contest statewide this year, with over 400 in the Richmond region.
Here are the local organizations that I could identify on the list. Please let me know below if I’ve missed anyone.
- Anna Julia Cooper Episcopal School
- Bon Secours Richmond Health Care Foundation
- Better Housing Coalition
- Blue Sky Fund
- ChildSavers – Memorial Child Guidance Clinic
- Church Hill Activities and Tutoring
- East District Family Resource Center
- Friends Association for Children
- James River Writers
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Partnership for Smarter Growth
- Peter Paul Development Center, Inc.
- Richmond Alumnae Delta House Foundation, Inc.
- Richmond Hill
- Richmond Cycling Corps.
- Richmond Public Schools Education Foundation, Inc.
- Robinson Theater Community Arts Center
- St. John’s Church Foundation
- Tricycle Gardens