East End News

Playground burns at Fairfield Elementary

VDOE Releases 2017-2018 SOL Test Results – a look at our neighborhood schools

Sign up to Volunteer with the 2018 RVA East End Festival 2018

Vanessa

tim h 08/16/2014 at 11:52 PM

So I’ll assume there is at least one person in this neighborhood who doesn’t want anybody else to have anything remotely nice like a playground for kids. How very sad.

Eric S. Huffstutler 08/17/2014 at 10:34 AM

Even sadder tim h that this post is now a full day old and you are the only person who commented and then a day later. Guess people just don’t care but they should since it will cost $150,000.00 to replace and it comes out of our pockets and the coffers for education. It is the second time for this playground and the 9th in the city since 2012. It is getting out of hand!

tiny 08/17/2014 at 11:47 AM

Eric, I think all the comments about the Beagles thank you note pushed this post out of view. I am glad you commented, otherwise I would not have even noticed it.

Eric S. Huffstutler 08/17/2014 at 2:21 PM

tiny, the Beagles comments are important too in another way.

That is what I don’t like about this forms setup.

You see only the last 7 responses for all threads combined before they disappear from view.

You have no idea of any new threads or responses from old ones especially since you have to do a specific “search” on an old topic to even see recent replies or no one will ever see them!

Eric S. Huffstutler 08/17/2014 at 2:50 PM

What I am saying is that if you reply to a topic that is a month or two or a year or more old, after 7 replies to various threads, it is lost forever again including your reply never to be seen unless someone else along the way happens to do a search about the topic. There should be a way to have a longer list of replies shown or a way to scroll through more than just 7 of them.

crd 08/17/2014 at 4:47 PM

@4, I can see a lot more than seven responses for anything. Example, for the Package Theft on M Street there are way more than seven responses. And way back when the King’s Retreat was being talked about, there were well over 100 responses. I think your computer is doing something to your display.

chpn 08/17/2014 at 5:51 PM

@crd – I think he means the “RECENT COMMENTS” list on the left side of the page.

@eric – I’ve added a link there for “MORE COMMENTS” which gives more history

Eric S. Huffstutler 08/17/2014 at 6:53 PM

#7, that is correct – meaning Recent Comments. Thanks for adding the new link John!