Bon Secours Richmond Health System has opened an outpatient pharmacy, an outpatient infusion center and a heart failure clinic at Richmond Community Hospital at 1500 North 28th Street. These new services are part of a first-floor renovation of the hospital’s medical office building.
The Bon Secours Good Health Pharmacy enables employees, patients and anyone in the community to obtain prescriptions and over-the-counter items, as well as consult with a pharmacist. It fills a two-year void left when Leonard L. Edloe retired and closed his two Church Hill pharmacies, which had served the community for more than 60 years. James Frazier II, former pharmacist at East End Pharmacy, will lead the Good Health Pharmacy.
The Richmond Community Hospital Outpatient Infusion Center is designed to provide a comfortable environment for patients to receive infusion therapy, which involves the administration of medication through a needle or catheter. The Outpatient Heart Failure Clinic will be led by Cathy Jones, MSN, AGACNP, in collaboration with Michael Kelly, M.D., FACC, a cardiologist whose practice, Richmond Cardiology Consultants, is relocating to the first floor. Dr. Kelly, who specializes in heart disease among African-Americans, will provide non invasive cardiology services.
“Bon Secours is one step closer to fulfilling our vision and mission in the East End, with the opening of the Good Health Pharmacy, the Outpatient Infusion Center and the Outpatient Heart Failure Clinic,” said Peter J. Bernard, CEO, Bon Secours Virginia Health System. “We have an unwavering commitment to improve health care in the East End, and we celebrate this milestone, with the understanding that we have many more goals to achieve for this community.”
The renovation of Richmond Community Hospital is part of the health system’s East End Transformation Plan, initiated by Bon Secours in 2010 to create a sustainable, engaged and healthy East End community. Plans also are underway to expand the hospital’s footprint in Church Hill North, with the Bon Secours Center for Healthy Communities to be located on Nine Mile Road.