By Tom Oristan
With the summer heat upon us, I’ve been thinking a lot about the idea of a Church Hill community pool. I figure CHPN would be a great way to get an informal sense of the interest in bringing a pool back to Church Hill.
There is some timeliness here which warrants the discussion:
- it’s frickin hot.
- The Anirav Pool (a great pool of which many Church Hillians have been members) will not open this summer due to needed repairs.
- There are more and more families with kids in Church Hill and every great neighborhood has a pool.
If there is interest, I was thinking of putting together a team from the neighborhood to look into it further.
So – what do people think?
- Should Church Hill have a pool?
- If so, where would you like to see a pool?
- If not, why, and what pool do you already use?
- Lastly, does anybody know why Chimbo pool ultimately closed?
Thanks, and let me know if you’d be interested in helping me think through it some more (email@example.com)
— ∮∮∮ —
PHOTO: Randolph Community Pool (1974) via the Valentine Richmond History Center (Richmond Newspapers, Inc.; Gormus, P.A., Jr.)