Church Hill establishments took home 5 of the 11 awards given to restaurants Sunday night at the 2014 Elbys Awards.
- David Rohrer of WPA Bakery won for Pastry Chef/Baker, with Sara Ayyash of Lemaire, Winburn Carmack of Heritage, and Pierre Tocco of The Desserterie also nominated.
- Dutch and Co. won for Beverage Program (over Heritage, Saison, and The Roosevelt).
- Dutch and Co.‘s Phil Perrow was awarded Rising Culinary Star, with Mike Braune of Secco, Travis Milton of Comfort, and Craig Smith of Toast and Estilo also in the running.
- The Roosevelt was named Restaurant of the Year, beating out Heritage, Rappahannock, and Curry Craft.
- Chef Lee Gregory of The Roosevelt was named Chef of the Year. Also nominated were Dylan Fultineer of Rappahannock, Owen Lane of The Magpie, and Joe Sparatta of Heritage.
The Elbys are Richmond Magazine’s annual recognition of “excellence in the Richmond region’s restaurant community”. The nominations are made by industry professionals, food writers, and culinary instructors, and then winners are selected by local, regional, and national judges who visited the establishments in December of 2013.