Neighbors and members of the Church Hill and Union Hill Associations have created an impromptu non-perishable food drive taking place this Saturday November 23rd.
Food items are for the East District Family Resource center who will be using this food items to build Thanksgiving food baskets for families throughout our neighborhoods.
DROP OFF locations on Saturday, (between 10:00 – 12:00) are:.
- CHIMBORAZO ELEMENTARY – 3000 East Marshall Street
- BELLEVUE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – 2301 East Grace Street
- The East End Family Resource Center – 2405 Jefferson Avenue
— ∮∮∮ —
Please donate non-perishable food items suitable for a Thanksgiving meal and/or grocery store gift cards in $20 increments, cash or check (made payable to the Resource Center).
Grocery list of suggested (but not limited to) items.
Please consider getting an item in each category for a family of four or buying several items in one category:
- Canned Vegetables – (Green Beans, Re-fried Beans, Black Beans, Corn, Sweet Potatoes, White Potatoes, Squash, Greens, etc.)
- Boxed Potatoes and Rice – (Mashed, Scalloped, White – Brown – Yellow Rice, Boxes or Bags)
- Boxed Pasta Mixes – (Macaroni, Mac-n-Cheese)Boxed or Bagged Stuffing Mixes – (Cornbread, Herb, Plain, Bags/Boxes)
- Bags of Flour, Cornmeal, Biscuit mixes – (Wheat, All-Purpose, White)
- Boxes of Baking Goods – (Cake Mixes, Brownies, Pie makings, powdered milk) Cans of Gravy – (Turkey, Chicken)
- Cans of Fruit -(Apple, Cranberry, Cranberry Sauce, Pineapple, Applesauce, etc.)
Volunteers needed and much appreciated! Please contact John Johnson at (804)814-1066 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or for more information.