Government

Sample ballot for upcoming election

The next election in the City of Richmond will be a general election on Tuesday, November 5, 2013. The polls will be open from 6AM to 7PM.

Statewide, the positions of Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General are up for grabs. On a more local level, the positions of Treasurer, Sheriff, and House of Representatives Delegate will be filled.

On the ballot:

Below is a sample ballot and map for the 71st House District.

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 10.32.00 AM

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 10.32.10 AM

Most of the CHPN coverage area resides in the 71st House District represented by Jennifer L. McClellan. The remainder is in the 70th House District represented by Delores McQuinn.

71st House District of Virginia

Mayoral candidates to square up at State of Small Business Town Hall

Stoney leads in first poll on mayoral contest

Your 7th District Council representatives since 1977

s.kelly
s.kelly

Thanks for posting this! Glad to see info out there.

BAF
BAF

Shirley Harvey’s website is NOT to be missed. There are multiple nuggets of gold on every page.

UnionMeetsChurch
UnionMeetsChurch

Harvey’s website is beyond bizarre and looks like it was written at the dawn of the internet. The ramblings of a mad person holding a dog. This is a legit candidate for Treasurer?

UnionMeetsChurch
UnionMeetsChurch

Wow. Ok. Barney’s is even crazier. I’m scared.

YankeeontheHill
YankeeontheHill

RT @chpn: Sample ballot for upcoming election http://t.co/ekDSU7iGLV

SEW
SEW

UnionMeetsChurch,

I agree…really scary! Both sites are beyond bizarre! OMG!

Brad
Brad

Okay. Can anyone describe the job of the Treasurer? Treasurer for what?

Alex
Alex

Barnett’s website is freaking awesome/scary. I’m pretty sure that the answers to all of life’s exisential questions are buried in that thing somewhere. He’s either a genius, a complete madman or both.

Love the resume:

Harvey’s is just garden variety bad webdesign compared to Barnett’s manifesto. Though the dog pose strikes me as Ernst Blofeld / Dr. Evil-ish inspired.

So are folks in the 69th actually going to have the option of voting a Barnett / Dorsey / Harvey ticket? Mix in some write-in craziness and that might be the most fun ballot cast ever.

Paul Hammond
Paul Hammond

Anybody seen Chis Dorsey’s platform? Did you know he was an “Economic and Banking Analyst” for Iranian State TV. Do a google search for “Chris Dorsey Press TV”.

Vee
Vee

Just looked at those websites…

O.M.G.

L. Shirley Harvey
L. Shirley Harvey

My name is L. Shirley Harvey. I did not know that your newspaper had put any information about me in it. The picture was taken from my website. I like my website which gives me much room for information. If someone had told me, I might have provided a picture. Did you know that the ballot is incorrect? Independent or no delineations for party signifies that all candidates are independent. When that is the case, the names should be in alphabetical order. Did anyone notice that my opponent’s campaign email address is that of the city’s. A treasurer does more… Read more »