The 36-hour online giving challenge The Amazing Raise is a kicks off at 6AM on Wednesday September 18, and runs through 6PM on Thursday September 19.
The fundraiser generated 15,000 individual gifts and $1.2 million for participating charities in 2012. Church Hill Tutoring and Activities (CHAT) won the Amazing Raise in 2011 with 380 donors and just over $40,000 pledged, and came in 2nd last year with 819 donors and over $100,000 raised.
Almost 600 organizations have entered the contest statewide, with over 400 in the Richmond region.
Here are the local organizations that I could identify on the list. Please let me know below if I missed anyone!
- Anna Julia Cooper Episcopal School
- Better Housing Coalition
- Blue Sky Fund
- ChildSavers – Memorial Child Guidance Clinic
- Church Hill Activities and Tutoring (CHAT)
- Communities in Schools (CIS) of Chesterfield
- Friends Association for Children
- Girls for a Change
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Partnership for Smarter Growth
- Peter Paul Development Center, Inc. (PPDC)
- Robinson Theater Community Arts Center
- St. John’s Church Foundation
- Tricycle Gardens