The Real Babymamas of Richmond have really done it

So the first episode of The Real Babymamas of Richmond aired last night and, well, it was kind of a thing. Twitter blew up while the show was on, and there are at least 2 articles in response to the show today:

As we saw before, just the existence of this show opens up a discussion on race and class. After seeing episode one, part of the conversation is also about the TRMBOR’s intentions and how they are telling their own story. GaptoothDiva wrote perhaps the most compelling criticism of the show so far, saying that “These black women do not represent me or any of the black women I associate with, but they do have a testimony. However, having an actual plan on how to convey that testimony, that is another story.”

Anyway, if you missed it, keep an eye on the TRBMOR Youtube channel.

The Real Babymamas Of Richmond

John M

Suzanne Snell
Suzanne Snell

*speechless*

Kirsten Marie
Kirsten Marie

Its not like this is on NBC, or ABC, it’s on public access, and only locally, and by locally I mean only in 804. I can see this garbage being a bigger deal if it were nationally recognized but it’s not, it only will be if we keep making a big deal out of it, and only for negative reasons. I say we just let the show air, no one talk about it, ignore the fact its there, and stop making a bigger deal out of it, or it will get nationally recognized.Please for the sake of Richmond.

700 Block
700 Block

The Real Baby Mommas of Richmond is a REAL mess, REAL ignorant, REAL ratchet, REAL unorganized, REAL irresponsible, REAL lame, a REAL disservice, REAL embarrassing, REAL irrelevant, REAL crass, REAL unnecessary, REAL uncouth, and a REAL waste of air time. I hope they take it off the air REAL soon.

Shawn Stone
Shawn Stone

Agreed, Kirsten.

Don
Don

700 Block, Too real for you, homie?

Tia-Marie Brown
Tia-Marie Brown

I disagree with keeping it silent. That’s like having a big elephant in the room and ignoring it. We should bring this to light, show people what it’s doing, and take it off the air! We have a right to petition this kind of media, and I believe we should. This is a disgrace to the black community, black women, single parents, and especially the city of Richmond Virginia. Don’t let it slide, next thing that’ll happen is that this goes national. Let’s stop it at the local line.

700 Block
700 Block

@Don: Yup, because it’s a REAL shame.

Michelle
Michelle

Is public access TV controled by the public? I think people can potition for this garbage to be removed from public access TV. Lord have mercy, what trash actually walks around calling themselves “baby mommas”—NO CLASS!!

jamillah
jamillah

I watch it on you tube and myself don’t like the show. I myself never liked the term baby momma/ baby daddy. It just sound’s ghetto to me.

Ms.Rene
Ms.Rene

Im going to say this much it is. Unorganized and whom ever is behind this show. Haven’t. Shown the public whats the point of. The show the women need to get it together and stop being so ghetto and show how women can make it as a single mother and stop being so immature obvious these women dont no everything they do or say reflect back and your children are watch what kind of rolemodle are women and ms. Rich u shouldnt even be on this show u already had some positive things going on these women need to get… Read more »