East End News

Jacob C.

New faces at the First Precinct

John M

Jefferson Avenue Station among most used for RVA Bike Share

John M

Alex 01/25/2013 at 7:45 PM

Works great for small stuff like broken streetlights but good luck using for getting the city to take action on abandoned houses falling down.

Bret 01/28/2013 at 4:18 PM

I had success with it for a run down house next door. Got the grass cut, trash picked up, and open doors and windows boarded up in about 2 weeks time.

Alex 01/28/2013 at 4:44 PM

Bret – they’ll come by and do the cleanup but only after it’s gone neglected for a while. It would be nice if they could also put some heat on the delinquent owner. The way it is now, you have to wait until it’s an eyesore and then report it each time.

My gripe was just that it doesn’t get the situation any closer to being self-correcting. I guess I’m being a little wishful by hoping for them to get to the root cause (i.e., the guy who owns this is a deadbeat asshole who neglects his duties as an owner) instead of wasting taxpayer money on providing lawncare for these guys.

crd 01/28/2013 at 6:38 PM

Alex, they put a lien on the property when they do work on it, so the owner eventually has to pay. Not that I don’t agree with you, I do, just clarifying that one point.

Alex 01/29/2013 at 5:33 AM

Correct, but how many of these liens you think are getting paid back anytime soon?

Eric S. Huffstutler 04/25/2016 at 8:24 PM

Is anyone else getting hundreds of emails from ClickFix saying that the City of Richmond just commented on an issue you are watching? They are all different but getting them in rapid fire.

BAF 04/25/2016 at 11:48 PM

Yes. Had the same issue. Got over 500 emails in three hours. Left a support message with SCF.

MHB 04/26/2016 at 1:26 AM

I’m getting them on a complaint I made about potholes in the 2700 block of Broad. I guess if the City says a dozen times or so that they’ve been fixed, it’ll make it so. NOT!

Eric S. Huffstutler 04/26/2016 at 10:28 AM

I called their 1-800 number this morning since I was still getting the messages. They said there was a problem on the City of Richmond end and working on getting that fixed. I have all of my settings to be notified of all issues in Church Hill, not only the ones I report, so was getting hundreds of emails. They showed me how to turn notifications off until they get it fixed, in a day or so they said, so must be a big problem.