The first cycle of the city’s annual Vacuum Leaf Collection Program is set to begin on Monday, November 12. The schedule is as follows:
- Worthington Farms November 12 – 16
- Northside/Highland Park November 12 – 23
- Bellevue/Ginter Park/Washington Park November 12 – 30
- Bellemeade November 19 – 23
- Westover Gardens November 19 – 30
- Newtowne/Carver/Jackson Ward November 26 – 30
- Broad Rock/Brookbury November 26 – December 7
- The Fan/Shaffer December 3 – 7
- Westover Hills/Forest Hill/Woodland Heights December 3 – 14
- Museum District December 10 – 14
- Church Hill/Fulton December 10 – 21
- Stony Point December 10 – 21
- Windsor Farm/Univ. of Richmond/Far West End December 17 – January 4
- Maymont/Byrd Park/Oregon Hill/Carillon December 24 – 28
- Stratford Hills/Willow Oaks December 24 – January 4
Residents should rake leaves to the property line that is adjacent to their street prior to their scheduled vacuum collection date. Leaves and other debris should never be raked or placed into the street or culvert. Dirt, rocks, metal or branches should be removed from leaf piles as this will prevent City crews from collecting your piles.
Residents who bag leaves should use biodegradable brown paper lawn or leaf bags as they are environmentally friendly and can be recycled with the leaves. City crews will pick up 25 bags of leaves year round on regular trash collection days. There is no limit to the number of bags that will be collected during each neighborhood’s designated leaf vacuum collection cycle.
City residents can also dispose of leaves by taking them to several locations: East Richmond Road Convenience Center at 3800 East Richmond Road; Maury Street Landfill at 2900 Maury Street; and the “Powerline” at 8600 Huguenot Road at the northwest corner of Chippenham Parkway.
Residents should note that the above schedule may change as a result of inclement weather. The vacuum leaf schedule and information about other city services are available at www.Richmondgov.com. The schedule is also available by calling the leaf hotline at (804) 646- LEAF (5323).