Meet local baker Maria Onsel

PROFILE: Hispania Bakery

John M

REALRICHMONDVA
REALRICHMONDVA

RT @chpn: Meet local baker Maria Onsel http://t.co/ObGo5VDN (cc: @hispaniabakery) #rvadine

Elaine Odell
Elaine Odell

Maria’s baked goods exceed anything you’d ever imagine. She is a consummate baker who creates delectable flavor combinations the rest of us would never dream of. Whenever I eat one of her treats, I can’t help thinking about how the texture (of the cake/cookie/pie crust) is perfect and the flavors–oh well, lets just say I’ve had a few eyes-rolling-back-in-the head experiences.

RichmondDoc
RichmondDoc

Houdon
Houdon

Maria is extremely talented. Every year she bakes like a mad woman for the Union Hill progressive dessert party (and Christmas generally). I’m glad to know I no longer have to wait all year for her baked goods!

Unionhillian
Unionhillian

¡Que una bonita morena!

Bret
Bret

I see she sells at farmer’s markets, anywhere else we can get her stuff?

Maria Onsel
Maria Onsel

Hi Bret. My production facility varies, but my base is always my home in Church Hill. Feel free to contact me at hispaniabakery@gmail.com. I’m a one-woman operation & can barely keep up during market season, so I need 2 days notice. I’m working on getting my products in other locations, but that may not happen until winter. Thanks for your interest.

SEW
SEW

Maria does a wonderful job and I have yet to put anything in my mouth that she’s baked that didn’t make me say WOW! The flavors are delicious and Maria herself is always so gracious. Glad to see she is being recognized!

Maria Onsel
Maria Onsel

Wow! I am truly touched by all of the compliments and moral support from my neighbors. You guys are the reason Church Hill is such a great place to live. Thanks!

Lauren
Lauren

Those chocolate diablo cookies! They are so good you will slap your mama