Not Carbonated

Local Projects Considered for CAR

21st and East Broad Street

CAR to consider local projects

katzenjaammer
katzenjaammer

They did a really nice job, it looks great. Good work!

crd
crd

Looks great to me! Does anyone have any current updates/news about the potential grocery store/deli going in that space?

NewGuyOnTheHill
NewGuyOnTheHill

That corner looks better and better with each passing day.

Houdon
Houdon

That really looks great. I had no idea you could actually restore those under CAR guidelines. I thought you had to put a clear coat or something over the existing ad.

what??
what??

It is nice of someone to take the effort to do this. It looks great.

@Houdon – All you have to do is call CAR staff and ask. There are many reasonable things that are allowed. I have always found them to be very helpful to work with. Don’t give in to all the rumors.

SEW
SEW

This looks fantastic! So glad they decided to restore it. It looks like work is progressing with the market!

crd, here is the e-mail address for the market: market.churchill@gmail.com I believe the proprietor’s name is Brooke.

Anne
Anne

My dad grew up on Church Hill and is always waxing poetic about how Tru-Ade was the greatest drink ever. I think he was brainwashed by the sign.

James
James

Beautiful restoration. Very vivid and clean.

paul h
paul h

Excellent I love these ghosts from the past. Glad to see this one brought back to life.

MannN
MannN

I heard it was going to be a pizza spot? Am I making that up???

James
James

I hope it isn’t going to be a pizza spot. There is already enough good pizza in the area.

laura
laura

that location is not permitted (or equipped) to have any business that would require cooking ventilation; grills, fryers, ovens, cook tops, etc. So i doubt pizza is in the cards

monumentconstruction
monumentconstruction

We uncovered the sign when we took the old, deteriorated siding off. The sign was not a part of the CAR requirements as it wasn’t in the original submittal, you couldn’t see it! We like restoring and are good at preserving the past, so enjoy the fruits of our labor! It was a pleasure! And yes, it is clearcoated.