The Church Hill Association is proposing to bring back a “Block Liaison Program” – similar to a Neighborhood Watch Program, but with more of an emphasis on “neighborliness and responsibility.” Gene Henley has agreed to act as overall coordinator of the program, with the initial objective is to find one volunteer per block.
The key responsibilities for the Block Liaison volunteer would initially be:
- Welcome new neighbors to your block, and give them information about the neighborhood.
- Act as the contact to the CHA Board to voice local concerns.
- Feed into the new City website problems such as street lights out, sidewalk repair, trash, animal control, unsightly problem / derelict properties etc, (but we will not interact as a conciliator in any resident based argument with a neighbor)
- Keep a current roster of all willing individuals, families etc which would include names, addresses, phone numbers for inclusion in a new Church Hill Directory.
- Organize, in conjunction with all other Blocks (?), an annual Block Party
- Organize ad hoc alley clean up’s as necessary.
- Organize “taxi services” for any local resident who has difficulty shopping, getting to doctor visits etc.
This is just our initial list and it is not cast in concrete – the Block Liaison “Captains” and the Membership together can together agree on what they wish this program to cover.
However – the initial key requirement is that we find individuals who would be willing to sign up and represent their block.
Please contact me with offers to sign up, or with any questions you may have.
I would like to start the program as soon as possible – but I need community minded individuals to make it happen:
Director at Large
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (804)343-7273
TAGGED: Church Hill Association