Urban Views Weekly profiles ChildSavers and AJ Starke, the man behind today’s massive motorcycle ride to Chimborazo Park:
Credit the vision of one Chesterfield native, AJ Starke. Starke, a Chesterfield County Police Lieutenant, founded The Tuskegee Airmen Motorcycle Club of Virginia in May 2006 and not long after, made a cold call to ChildSavers with his idea for the Ride for Children.
“When people hear ‘Tuskegee Airman,’ they think about the pilots,” Starke says. “What we have learned through history is that was a time when people came together. There was the ground crew. There were the people who worked in the office. It was a time when segregation came to an end and people realized that when we come together, we can get more done for our community.”
Tuskegee Airmen Motorcycle Club Ride for ChildSavers Route
- 7201 Midlothian Turnpike, the Cloverleaf Mall Lot – Departure 9:30 am
- East on Midlothian Tnpk, Left on Hull Street Rd.
- Right on Jefferson Davis Hwy, Left on Harwood St.
- Hillside Housing Community – Arrive 9:55 am
- Cross the Mayo Bridge
- Gilpin Housing Community – Arrive 10:10 am
- Whitcomb Housing Community – Arrive 10:17 am
- Mosby Housing Community – Arrive 10:20 am
- End at Chimborazo Park, 3300 E. Broad St. – Arrive 10:30-10:45 am
TAGGED: Tuskegee Benefit Ride