Lieutenant Laino’s Sector 111 report for February (PDF) is available. Sector 111 encompasses Church Hill, Chimborazo, Church Hill North, Fulton, Oakwood, and Union Hill:
During February, the Sector experienced a 15% decrease in Major Crime; a 44% decrease in violent crime (9 incidents reported in 2009 compared to 5 in 2010) and a 7% decrease in property crime (30 incidents reported in 2009 compared to 28 in 2010). The 5 violent crimes reported included: 2 Aggravated Assaults and 3 robberies. Of the 5 violent incidents reported 3 have been cleared by arrest and the remaining 2 are still being investigated by detectives. The current trend in Property Crime continues to be residential burglary; there were 7 reported during February, 2 of which were domestic related and 2 occurred to the same residence.
Noteworthy events in your neighborhood during the month of February:
Church Hill –
* Search warrant executed at 3203 M Street which resulted in the arrest of one adult male and the seizure of cocaine and marijuana.
* Aggravated assault – 2800 block of E Marshall Street, two roommates had an argument which turned into a physical altercation. The victim was struck in the head and the offender was arrested.
* Aggravated assault – 900 block of N 36th Street, two roommates had an argument which turned into a physical altercation. The victim’s ear was cut and the offender was arrested.
* Residential burglary – 900 block of N 36th Street, someone broke into the rear of the residence, entered the basement and removed a part from the boiler.
* 700 block of Chimborazo Blvd – an unknown suspect removed 2 HVAC units from the vacant residence.
Church Hill North –
* Robbery – 1500 N 30th St, female victim was robbed of a cell phone by her ex-boyfriend who was arrested.
* Search warrant executed at 5313 Blueridge Ave which resulted in the arrest of two adult males and the seizure of 3 firearms and cocaine.
* Search warrant executed at 1329 Darbytown Rd which resulted in the arrest of one adult male and the seizure of 2 firearms and marijuana.
* There were 5 additional narcotic related arrests throughout the neighborhood.
* Robbery – 1600 block of National St – 2 black male suspects entered a residence assaulted one of the residents and robbed him of jewelry and money.
* 1300 block on N 38th Street – license plates were removed from a vehicle.
Union Hill –
* Residential Burglary – 2400 block of Cedar Street- the same residence was entered twice within a week period, electronics and clothing were taken. There was no sign of forced entry.
* Search warrant executed at 2221 Venable St which resulted in the arrest of two adult males and the seizure of a firearm and marijuana.
* Search warrant executed at 2400 Burton St which resulted in warrants being obtained for the lease holder and the seizure of $7,000 in cash and cocaine.
* There were 2 additional narcotic related arrests – 2400 block of M St and 2300 block of O St.
TAGGED: Chimborazo, Church Hill North, crime, Fulton, Oakwood, Sector 111, St.John's District, Union Hill