The originally published leaf collection schedule has been changed to a new one cycle, 10 week annual residential leaf collection service to begin on December 1 and run through January 30. The Leaf Collection Schedule for the Church Hill/Fulton Hill areas is December 1-12 (& is subject to change due to inclement weather). [via]
Collection Program Guidelines:
* Rake leaves to your property line.
* Do not rake leaves into the street.
* Leaves must be placed out for collection by the start date indicated for your route.
* Keep leaf piles less than 2 feet in height.
* Keep leaves away from ditches, pipes, and culverts.
* NO DIRT, ROCKS, METAL OR BRANCHES; these items will prevent crews from collecting your piles.
Please remember, you don’t have to use vacuum service or wait for your scheduled collection to get rid of your leaves. You can use our Bag-n-Go Program. Just put your bagged leaves near the curb. Use biodegradable lawn and leaf bags:
* They’re more environmentally friendly and can be recycled, right along with the leaves
* We’ll pick up as many as 6 bags every week all year on your regular trash collection day
* We’ll pick up as many bags as you put near the curb during your leaf collection cycle
Keep in mind, the City of Richmond strongly urges that you use bags. And, if you want to dispose of your bagged or loose leaves yourself, you may. Just take them to:
* East Richmond Road Convenience Center (3800 East Richmond Road at Jennie Scher Road)
* The “Powerline” (8600 Huguenot Road at NW corner of Chippenham Parkway)
* Maury Street Landfill (2900 Maury Street)
To make sure your leaves get recycled, do NOT include items other than leaves in the bags.