Arbor Day activities are planned for Jefferson Park, Libby Hill Park, and Chimborazo Park. New trees including crape myrtles, Kentucky coffee trees, Valley Forge elms, a willow oak, yoshino cherry trees, will be planted by Richmond Tree Stewards, students, Boy and Girl Scouts, and neighbors.
- Jefferson Park – 4 Crepe Myrtle trees – These trees are part of the project that Friends of Jefferson Park, The City’s Parks Dept,Tree Stewards, and Urban Forestry started a few months ago.The trees are being provided by The Recreation and Parks Dept.
- Libby Hill Park – 2 Kentucky coffee trees to finish the March 26th project, they are provided by the Urban Forestry Dept. 3 Trees provided by Glen Allen Nursery as a donation by the nursery for Arbor Day. They include two Valley Forge Elms and one Willow Oak. They will be planted by Glen Allen Nursery staff, who are new Richmond Tree Stewards.
- Chimborazo Park – 3 trees donated by Colesville Nursery for Arbor Day. They will include 3 Yoshino Cherry. They will be planted by Colesville Nursery staff, who are new Richmond Tree Stewards.
- Chimborazo Park – 100 trees 6-12″ donated by The Virginia Forestry Dept. They are scheduled to be planted by students, Scouts, and Tree Stewards.
- Chimborazo Park – 1 Blue Spruce to be planted by Girl Scouts and provided by them.
All of the plantings are scheduled for 5:30PM on April 15th.