Old and Historic Districts complaints and enforcement

08/17/2007 8:32 PM by

A recent message from Saul Gleiser, Secretary of the Commission of Architectural Review announced than, in an effort to respond more efficiently to complaints about work being done without a Certificate of Appropriateness or Building Permit on properties within City Old and Historic Districts, the Department of Community Development has put a person in place as a contact for inquiries.

You can reach Tarisa Griffith at 646-6308. Tarisa will determine if a complaint is valid by checking all records and making a site visit. If it is determined that the work performed indeed constitutes a violation of the Zoning Ordinance, the visit will be followed by a Violation Notice and/or when appropriate a Stop Work Order (the later will be issued by a Building Inspector).



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By commenting you are agreeing to this site's PRIVACY / USE / COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER